- 1/3 C uncooked wild rice
- 2 Tbl butter
- 1/2 C celery, chopped
- 3 Tbl onion, chopped
- 1/4 C mushrooms, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- Dash of pepper
- In a skillet, melt butter. Sauté celery, onion and mushrooms.
- Add wild rice, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper (rubbed sage may be substituted for poultry seasoning).
- Fill neck and body cavities of bird with stuffing just before roasting. Do not stuff bird ahead of time.
- Makes about 1 ½ cups which is enough for a 4 lb bird.
- Rinse 1 cup of wild rice thoroughly.
- Bring 3 cups of water and a pinch of salt to a boil.
- Add rice. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until kernels puff open.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain off excess liquid.