- 1/2 C kasha buckwheat
- 1/2 C brown rice
- 1/2 C wild rice
- 1 quart water or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbl vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 C chopped celery
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 C chopped parsley
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Put buckwheat, rice and wild rice in a kettle. Add 1 quart of water, bring to boil, cover and simmer until tender, about 40 minutes. Add more water as necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in skillet and sauté onion and celery till tender. Add to cooked grains and remaining ingredients. Put into an oiled 3-quart casserole dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Pour 1 cup of kasha in a saucepan and add 2 cups of water. Add salt to taste.
- Heat the kasha and water over low heat. Simmer the kasha, covered, for 15 minutes or until the kasha is fluffy.
- Take the kasha off the burner and allow it to steep for 10 minutes.
- Serve the kasha hot.