Makes 1 loaf (standard loaf pan – 8.5″ x 4.5″)
- 1 ½ cups mashed banana (4 medium very ripe bananas)
- 3 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (coconut sugar, cane sugar, or other)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Left Coast Organics Raw California Walnuts, chopped (plus more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a large bowl. Mix very well using a hand mixer, if desired.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients together. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring to combine. Do not overmix.
- Add a tablespoon of flour to the Raw California Walnuts and mix well. This ensures that the walnuts do not sink to the bottom of the loaf while it bakes. Fold in the floured Raw California Walnuts.
- Pour the entire mixture into your loaf pan. Top with additional walnuts.
- Bake the loaf for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean. Cool the loaf for 15 minutes in the pan. Then turn out onto a cooling rack. Allow the banana bread to cool completely before slicing.