- 2 well-trimmed boneless lamb loins (3/4 lb each)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 C raw sunflower seeds (3 ½ oz), finely chopped
- 1 Tbl all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbl pure olive oil
- Lavender balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and brush lightly with the egg white.
- On a dinner plate, toss the sunflower seeds with the flour. Roll the lamb loins in the seeds until evenly and thoroughly coated.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the lamb and cook over moderately high heat, turning with a spatula, until the sunflower seed crust is browned all over, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the lamb to a baking sheet and roast for about 7 minutes (for medium rare).
- Carve each loin into 12 slices. Arrange 3 lamb medallions on each of 8 warmed dinner plates. Drizzle some lavender balsamic vinaigrette around the lamb and serve at once.