- 2 C chopped spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C raw unpasteurized almonds
- 1/4 C flaxseed, ground
- 1 Tbl honey
- 2 Tbl liquid coconut oil
- 1/2 C pine nuts
- 1/2 C onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbl lemon juice
- 2 Tbl nama shoyu
- Remove any thick stems from the spinach. Roll the spinach leaves and slice them into small pieces. Sprinkle the salt onto the spinach. Squeeze and massage the spinach to create a wilting effect. Drain any excess liquid.
- Prepare the crust by placing the almonds in a food processor and blending until ground into small pieces. Add the ground flaxseed, honey, and liquid coconut oil and continue processing until well mixed. The crust in this recipe can be dehydrated for 8-12 hours for a crispy texture.
- Press a thin layer of the crust on the bottom of a casserole pan.
- Place the spinach in a food processor with the pine nuts, onion, garlic, nutmeg, lemon juice, and nama shoyu. Briefly pulse until ingredients are well mixed but still chunky.
- Spread out a layer of the spinach mixture into the pan, and top with a layer of the crust.