- 1 Tbl capers, rinsed
- 1 Tbl Thompson raisins, soaked in very hot water for 10 minutes, drained and chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbl fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pound the capers, raisins, anchovies and garlic into a coarse paste with a mortar and pestle.
- Transfer the paste to a small jar with a tight-fitting lid and add the oil, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper. Close the jar and shake vigorously to combine.