- 1 C unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar, packed light
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 3 C instant oats
- 1 C semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar in mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Beat in one egg at a time until combined. Add vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and then add to butter and egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in oats and chocolate chips into entire mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheet two inches apart. Use the last 1/2 teaspoon of salt to sprinkle a pinch of salt onto the top of each cookie. Bake for about 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.