Makes 12 mini cheesecakes
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ cups Left Coast Organics Raw Cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 pint raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a standard muffin tin.
- To make the crust layer, melt ¾ cup coconut oil in a small saucepan. Add to the graham cracker crumbs and mix well. This should be the texture of wet sand. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon for each, pressing down firmly.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make the filling, first drain the Raw Cashews. They have been soaking in a bowl, just covered with water, for 8 hours (or overnight).
- In a high-speed blender, add the soaked Cashews along with the lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk and maple syrup. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon out one tablespoon into each individual cheesecake. With the remaining filling, add the raspberry and blend to combine. Divide the raspberry filling evenly among all cheesecakes. Use a toothpick to swirl the plain and raspberry fillings into a marble pattern.
- Place the cheesecakes in the freezer to set for an hour. To remove from the muffin pan, run a sharp knife around the edge of the cheesecakes, they should release easily.
- Serve directly from the freezer, or allow 10 minutes to soften.