- ½ cup Left Coast Organics Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- ¼ cup Left Coast Organics Raw California Walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 cups spinach, packed
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 400 grams dried pasta (bowties work well)
- 2 cups peas (fresh or frozen)
- Cook the pasta until al dente, according to the package instructions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the peas. Stir to combine. If using frozen peas, the heat of the pasta will defrost them nicely.
- To make the pesto, puree the Raw Pumpkin Seeds, Raw California Walnuts, garlic, basil and salt in a food processor. While the food processor is running, add the olive oil and lemon juice through the feed tube. Finally, add the spinach and puree thoroughly.
- Add the pesto the pasta and peas. Mix to combine. Season to taste and serve immediately or at room temperature.