- 1, 9-inch pie shell, frozen or chilled for an hour if freshly made
- 1 ¾ C pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 C light corn syrup
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 Tbl molasses
- 2 Tbl butter, melted
- 2 Tbl flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread pecans along the bottom of the pie shell. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over pecans. The pecans will rise to the surface of the pie.
- Bake at 375°F for 40-45 minutes until the filling has set. About 20 minutes into the cooking you may want to use a pie crust protector, or tent the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil to prevent the pie crust edges from burning.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.