- 1½ C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 3/4 C rolled oats
- 16 Tbl unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 7 pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 clementines or small navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 C dried cherries
- 1 C dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 C flour
- Butter for the ramekins
- Up to four days ahead: in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, combine all the topping ingredients and mix on low speed until large crumbs form and just begin to turn pale yellow.
- Refrigerate or freeze in an airtight container.
- One day ahead: heat the oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, mix the pears, clementines, dried cherries, dried apricots, orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle in the flour and mix well with a rubber spatula. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease 12 ramekins (about 1-cup capacity) with butter. Divide the fruit mixture among the ramekins and generously sprinkle the topping to cover the fruit.
- Put the ramekins on 1 large or 2 small baking sheets. Bake until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling slightly, 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave at room temperature. On the day of serving Reheat the crisps at 300°F until hot, about 20 min. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla or ginger ice cream.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Add 1 cup of rolled oats, add a dash of salt.
- Allow water to return to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 7-12 minutes.