- 1/2 C unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 C plus
- 2 Tbl light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 C unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ½ C quick rolled oats
- 1 C semisweet chocolate chips
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Coat the grids of the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to portion out a cookie onto each waffle square.Use a thin metal spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack and repeat with the remaining dough, coating the grids with spray as necessary.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Use approximately a 1:1 water to oats ratio for thicker oatmeal. Use up to a 2:1 ratio of water to oats for a thinner blend.
- Add a dash of salt for a single serving, or as much as a 1/4 teaspoon for 4 servings.
- Add your desired oats to water proportions. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes. Increase the water if desired to thin the mixture as it cooks.
- Remove the oatmeal from the heat when the water is almost absorbed or when the oatmeal reaches your desired texture.