- 1 C mung beans, dry
- 1 bunch scallion, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 12 bunch fresh mint, chopped finely (about 12 C)
- 12 C extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbl red wine vinegar
- 12 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, hard boiled for garnish
- 16 black olives, pitted for garnish
- Place the dried mung beans in a large bowl of water and let soak overnight. Drain.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add mung beans and boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the mung beans and repeat the process with a fresh pot of boiling water, this time for 7 minutes.
- Drain mung beans and rinse under cold water. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add scallions, mint, olive oil, vinegar and salt and toss to combine.
- Divide among serving dishes, garnish with hard boiled eggs, black olives and fresh mint leaves.
- Soak the mung beans in 2 cups of water for 4 hours.
- Rub off the skins and drain the beans.
- Put the beans in the saucepan with 2 cups of water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer (medium-low heat). Simmer the beans for 15-20 minutes, or until they are tender.