- 1 Tbl extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 ½ C pineapple (1/2 inch cubes), diced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom seeds, freshly crushed
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3 ½ Tbl fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 Tbl walnut oil
- 1 Tbl agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 C baby romaine lettuce
- 1/2 C red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C roasted cashews, lightly crushed
- 1/2 C fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbl cocoa, lightly crushed
- Place oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add pineapple cubes in one layer and let caramelize lightly on one side. Add curry powder, cardamom, and clove; stir gently until pineapple is nearly dry. Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of lime juice, shaking gently. Slide mixture out onto a shallow plate, along with every bit of accumulated juices, and cool slightly.
- When pineapple mixture is no longer hot, tip plate over a measuring cup to drain off all liquid, reserving the pineapple. Add enough lime juice to measure a total of 1/4 cup. Add walnut oil, agave nectar, salt, and pepper, and whisk to blend.
- Place lettuce, onion, cashews, cilantro (if using), and cacao nibs in a large bowl. Add pineapple. Whisk dressing once more and pour to taste over salad. Toss gently but thoroughly, and serve at once.