- 4 C cooked millet
- 1/4 C celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 C onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp vegetable seasoning
- 2 C diluted cream (1 part heavy cream to 3 parts water, or half and half)
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 ½ C grated medium cheddar cheese
- To well beaten eggs, add cream, chopped vegetables, seasoning and 1 cup of cheese.
- Stir well into millet, pour into casserole and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and paprika.
- Dot with butter and bake at 325°F for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water, or broth and ½ teaspoon of salt, to taste.
- Bring to a boil over the stove, then reduce the heat and cover the pot.
- Simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed, for about 20-25 minutes
- Turn off heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.