- 1 lb fresh shrimp
- 1 C unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 2 Tbl sesame oil
- 2 Tbl soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 6 pearl onions
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, 1 inch pieces
- Hot cooked jade pearl rice
- Put and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Combine pineapple juice and next 5 ingredients in shallow dish. Mix well. Add shrimp and toss. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cook onions in boiling water to cover 4-5 minutes or just until crisp tender and drain. Put all on kabobs alternating vegetables and shrimp.
- Broil 4-5 inches from heat 2-3 minutes on each side, basting frequently.
- Rinse 1 cup of rice.
- Boil 1 ½ cups of water. Add rice.Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Keep lid on during cooking time.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.