Makes 1 cake (standard loaf pan – 8.5″ x 4.5″)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice (juice from 2-3 lemons)
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar of choice (coconut sugar, can sugar, etc)
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup Left Coast Organics Rosemary Sea Salt Glazed Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and olive oil. Add the milk and lemon juice mixture and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean. Cool the loaf for 15 minutes in the pan. Then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine the juice of a lemon with the powdered sugar. When the loaf is completely cooled, drizzle the lemon glaze onto the loaf. Top with chopped Rosemary Sea Salt Glazed Almonds.