- 1 bunch of Dinosaur or Lacinato kale
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp honey or agave
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 C pistachio kernels, roasted and salted
- Wash and dry kale. Remove stems with a sharp knife or by tearing. Cut or tear leaves into large, bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or shaker bottle, combine lemon juice, oils, mustard, honey or agave and salt. Whisk or shake until fully combined.
- Pour dressing over kale and massage it into the leaves of kale for 2-3 minutes. Refrigerate and allow kale to soften for several more minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare apple by peeling and dicing, and pistachios.
- Add diced apples to the kale and toss. Plate each serving and top with remaining pistachios.