- 3 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 medium size white potatoes
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 large sweet or yellow onion
- 2-3 green onions
- 4 medium size carrots
- 4-6 Tbl of mild jerk-curry seasoning, or mild curry powder and mild jerk powder mixed together
- Sea salt, to taste
- Garlic pepper, to taste
- 1 C fresh frozen sweet yellow corn
- 1 medium size lime
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 3 Tbl of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbl of peanut butter
- 3 C jasmine rice
- Cashews or peanuts for garnish
- Cut chicken pieces into bite size strips put inside of plastic baggie and add jerk-curry powder.
- Add seasoning evenly throughout bag and let marinate for 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- Dice potatoes, yams, and carrots into hearty size pieces, set aside in cold water. Dice all onions.
- Add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a 5-quart pot, and add chicken pieces.
- Cook over medium heat. When half way done, add onions and green onions. Sauté until golden brown. Add in 3-4 cups of water, yams, potatoes, carrots and corn. Additional jerk-curry powder may be added, to your own taste.
- Season with sea salt, garlic pepper, ginger and lime juice. After 30 minutes, stir in peanut butter, mixing well. Allow to cook another 10-15 minutes, until all vegetables are done. Prepare white rice; serve jerk-curry over rice.
- Rinse 1 cup of jasmine rice thoroughly in cold water. Drain in a colander or sieve.
- Place 2 cups of water in a large saucepan. Add the jasmine rice and 1 teaspoon of salt. In a pot, over high heat, bring to a full boil.
- Cover the pan. Reduce the heat to low, then simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the burner and fluff the rice with a fork. Replace lid with a dry cover and let the rice set for 5-10 minutes before serving.