- 3 lbs strawberries rinsed, dried, and hulled
- 3/4 C coconut sugar
- 2 Tbl corn starch
- 1 ½ tsp pectin or cornstarch
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbl fresh lemon juice
- 1 prebaked pie shell
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 C very cold heavy cream
- 1 Tbl coconut sugar
- Add 6 ounces of berries to a food processor. Process until smooth, about 30-40 seconds.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together coconut sugar, pectin/cornstarch, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add pureed strawberries and cook over medium-high heat, stirring continuously. Bring to a boil. Let boil for two minutes, scraping down the sides and bottom of saucepan to prevent the mixture from scorching.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add lemon juice and allow to cool to room temperature. Add remaining whole berries to the puree mixture. Gently fold to coat all the berries with the puree mixture.
- Mound the mixture into pre-baked pie shell, rearranging berries to fill holes to make presentation attractive.
- Refrigerate at least two hours until well-chilled.
- For the whipped cream, add cream and coconut sugar to a chilled mixing bowl. With chilled beaters, begin beating the cream and sugar on low speed until bubbles form, for about 30 seconds. Turn the speed up to medium, and continue to beat until the beaters begin to leave a trail in the cream mixture, for approximately 30-45 seconds more. Turn speed up to high, and continue to beat until cream has doubled in volume and soft peaks have formed, for approximately 30-60 seconds longer. Cut pie into wedges and serve with whipped cream.