- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 1/2 C sugar1/4 C orange marmalade1/4 C butter
6 baking apples, about 3 lbs
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, packed
- 3 Tbl flame raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 C brandy
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. In a small pan combine corn syrup, sugar, marmalade and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour into 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Wash and core apples; pare only at top about 1 inch down. In bowl, combine brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon. Fill centres of apples with raisin mixture.
- Place in syrup, pared side down. Bake, covered 30 minutes. Turn apples pared side up.
- Baste with syrup. Bake uncovered and baste 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
- Place apples and syrup in heated serving dish. Heat brandy until bubbles form. Pour over apples, ignite and serve with ice cream.