- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbl coriander seeds
- 1 Tbl ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 C dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C dried Tena figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 C prunes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 C golden raisins
- 1/4 C dark molasses
- 1 1/2 C water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir one shallot, one tablespoon of coriander seeds, one tablespoon ginger, and one teaspoon vegetable oil in a mediumsaucepan over medium heat until fragrant for around one minute.
- Add one and a half cups dried apricots, one cup apple cider vinegar, a quarter cup dried figs, a quarter cup coarsely choppedprunes, a quarter cup of golden raisins, a quarter cup of dark molasses, and one and a half cups of water.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and add more water if it is becoming too thick. Cook until fruit is soft and tender, and the liquid isalmost completely cooked off. Let cool and serve.
See the original recipe at Epicurious.com