- 1 Tbl butter
- 3/4 C almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1 lb spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 C dried cranberries
- 2 Tbl white sesame seeds
- 1 Tbl poppy seeds
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 tsp onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 C white wine vinegar
- 1/4 C cider vinegar
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the toasted almonds and cranberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, and vegetable oil. Toss with spinach just before serving.