- 2, 8 oz packages low-fat cream cheese
- 1, 8-10 oz jar caramel sauce
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2-3/4 C dry roasted salted almonds
- 4 apples (usually Granny Smith)
- 2 Tbl lemon juice
- Allow cream cheese to soften, mix in sugars and vanilla. Spread in bottom of 9×13 inch pan. Top with caramel sauce. Sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate.
- Slice apples, immediately putting them into a gallon zip-top bag with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of cold water (to keep them from browning). Occasionally close bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, put apples in a serving dish and set out next to caramel sauce.