- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole large butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Gathering Place sea salt
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Gathering Place sage
- 1 teaspoon Gathering Place rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Gathering Place ginger powder
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Gathering Place black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 can coconut milk
- cilantro, to garnish
- In a large cooking pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger powder and cook for 3 minutes. Add squash and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add vegetable broth and bring soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook 30 minutes, or until squash is tender. Add herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Carefully blend soup until completely smooth using an immersion hand blender.
- Stir in coconut milk, and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh cilantro for garnish. Enjoy!