- 2 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 C mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 C celery, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp each dried sage, thyme and rosemary
- 2 C brown and wild rice
- 3 ½ C water or gluten-free vegetable broth
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and sauté onion until soft.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and celery and sauté until mushrooms are cooked.
- Add parsley and dried herbs and stir to blend.
- Add rice and stock or water and bring to a boil. reduce to a simmer, partially covered, and cook for 50 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Rinse 1 cup of rice.
- Bring 3 cups of water/broth and pinch of salt to a boil.
- Add rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer (over medium-low heat) 40-45 minutes, or until kernels puff open.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain off excess liquid.