- 1 medium or large onion
- 3 C water
- 3/4 Tbl salt
- 6 medium red tomatoes, diced (roughly 4 cups diced)
- 1/2-3/4 C sliced Brazil nuts, measured after shelling and slicing
- Cooking oil, extra-virgin olive oil preferred
- Peel and dice onion; sauté oil until partially brown and tender. In medium-sized saucepan, combine water, sauté onion, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then add tomatoes and Brazil nut slices.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes, until tomato is desired consistency. No garnish is necessary. This recipe is vegan but you can add stock if desired.