A southwestern inspired spin on classic hummus. Trading out the chickpeas for black beans and replacing the tahini with sprouted pumpkin seeds creates an earthy, smokey dip that makes a flavourful base for tacos or burritos. Also pairs well with chips & salsa ~ Olé!!!
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups of cooked black beans ~ make your own, it’s worth it!
- 1/2 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder or 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of cilantro
- Heat oil over medium heat and sauté garlic for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add spices, salt and pumpkin seeds. Stir to coat and remove from heat.
- Place all of the ingredients the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and pumpkin seeds
Recipe Courtesy of Shani Cranston ~ Pioneer at hOMe Grown Living Foods