- 1 C Bhutanese red rice
- 2 Tbl butter
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped finely
- 1/2 C petite carrots, diced
- 1/2 C shitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 C vegetable stock
- Wash rice with cold water and let it sit in warm water for an hour before cooking.
- Heat butter in a pot then stir in onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, mushrooms and rice, then stir for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, thyme and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil then put it in an oven dish, cover and cook.
- Boil 1 ½ cups of water and add a pinch of salt.
- Add 1 cup of Bhutanese red rice. Cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low or low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat.