- 2 C dried apples
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 C margarine
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ C flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Place dried apples and lemon juice in a bowl. Add enough water to cover and soak for 1 hour.
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture.
- Add milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- Pour into two 9-inch greased and floured cake pans.
- Top with drained, re-hydrated apple slices.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes.