- 1 C amaranth
- 1 C parsley, chopped
- 1/2 C scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbl fresh mint
- 1/2 C lemon juice
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 C olives, sliced
- Lettuce leaves, whole
- Simmer amaranth in an equal volume of water for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place all ingredients except lettuce and olives in a mixing bowl and toss together lightly. Chill for an hour or more to allow flavours to blend.
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves and use them to line a salad bowl. Add tabouli and garnish with olives.
- Amaranth can be boiled (15-20 minutes), baked, or popped.
- Organic amaranth should be stored in a tightly sealed container (preferably a glass jar) in a cool, dark, dry location. If stored properly, organic amaranth can have a shelf life of up to one year.