- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1/2 C cashew
- 3/4 C spinach
- 1/2 head lettuce, about
- 1 C bagged
- 1/2 C mozzarella cheese, grated
- Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 2/3 C oil
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/3 C red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 ½ tsp red onions, finely grated
- 1 Tbl poppy seeds
- Chop bacon and fry until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel to remove as much excess fat as possible. Wash spinach and lettuce then tear leaves into bite size pieces.
- Place in salad bowl. Add cashews, grated cheese, and crumbled bacon.
- Toss when ready to serve. Serve with poppy seed dressing.
- Poppy Seed Dressing: Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Or, finely grate onion, add remaining ingredients and beat with mixer until well blended.