- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 C milk
- 1/2 C sugar, or to taste
- 1 lemon, grated rind
- 2 C cooked white and wild rice (1 C raw rice equals 2 C cooked)
- Mix by hand the rice, sugar, milk and grated rind of 1 lemon with slightly beaten egg yolks. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into rice mixture.
- Grease lightly medium casserole dish. Pour in pudding mix and sprinkle top with cinnamon. Bake 30 minutes at 350°F. In small saucepan, combine lemon juice, sugar and egg. Bring to a boil.
- Take from heat and whip egg white until stiff. Fold into lemon sauce, put back on low heat to cook egg whites until thickened, being careful not to burn sauce (about 1-2 minutes).
- Rinse rice.
- Add 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of margarine or butter.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes. Do not remove lid.
- Remove pot from heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes.